Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Blank Slate

It is 01/01/2013!
Most years I get so excited for Christmas that I almost forget about New Years. But New Years has always held a special place in my heart. One of my favorite things in the world is a brand new notebook. The possibilites are endless what you can do with a hundred sheets of pristine, white paper! It's a blank slate, a new start, and a place where all of your ideas can just sort of flow out onto the paper and nothing is impossible. I get that same feeling around New Years time. A whole year is just rolled out in front of you and you have all the power in the world to decide what it's going to be like and what you are going to do. I love making resolutions and always sit down (with a brand new notebook) and make a list of all of the things I want to accomplish, and how I plan on doing it. It feels magical to have so much control over my goals and I hope I am not the only one who feels this way about the new year!

You might have noticed that we have not been doing great on keeping up this blog. Things just got a little too crazy with school and work for us to keep all of you in computer-land updated. That does not mean that we have stopped having adventures, it just means we havent been telling you about them... Anyways, we have some pretty good stories coming up but they are going to be out of order.. Just FYI. But here is a sneak peek.





We spent Christmas and New Years eve in Utah again this year. It's been so great hanging out with family and friends! Last night to welcome in the new year we lit lanterns provided by LaDena and sent them flying into the night sky. After that Mark toasted to "living extraordinarily." It was a very inspirational thought that I will always remember!

Happy New Year! Make some memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment