Thursday, October 20, 2016

It Finally Happened!

I am not sure quite how to start this!

It's been quite a ride! Short of six years ago my fiance who was currently in Houston working on starting a company asked me if I would ever consider living in Houston. I declined, due to the dust bowls and tumbleweeds. He arranged for me a visit to Houston to challenge my misconceptions and I was impressed! Sure I will move to this city of perpetual summer! I had no idea how our time there and our time with HouseLynx Meshify would change our lives!

Lewis and Dane started a company out of a guest room in Dane's house. They graduated from there to a dingy but charming coworking space in the museum district. They were accepted into the Surge accelerator and officed out of the Red House in Montrose for a time. They followed Surge to their new building in Midtown and eventually got a new office in Vine Street Studios.

Lewis and Dane worked an average of sixty hour weeks over a period of five years and made countless sacrifices all building up to this.

A few months ago a company made an offer to buy Meshify, and Lewis signed the sale papers a few weeks ago!

It's a new chapter in our lives, and a bittersweet moment for Lewis. Meshify has been his baby for so long and it might be an adjustment answering to a boss instead of being the boss. Lewis will continue to work for the acquiring company on the Meshify division and he is excited about all the new opportunities this will open up!

The acquiring company has made the decision that to grow as much as they want to, the "Meshify" branch is going to move to Austin. We are so excited to experience living there, as everyone has told us how much they love it! We just got a house under contract, so hopefully everything works out for that!

I am so proud of Lewis for all that he has accomplished the last five years and in the years leading up to it. He is so amazing and we look forward to many more adventures in our future!






No comments:

Post a Comment