Monday, November 21, 2016

We call Texas HOME!!!

Can you believe that we have been in our new house in Austin for five days and haven't taken a picture in front of it yet? Everything has been SO hectic! On Friday Lewis and I started driving the 4Runner with our trailer down from Mendon. The time passed by quickly and on Sunday we were here in just enough time to pick up my mom and Rhys from the airport. Since then we have been cleaning, unpacking, painting, and shopping for our new house. It is finally starting to look like a home with the few pieces of furniture we have been able to buy, but we still have a long way to go. I absolutely love our cute little blue bungalow!

In the middle of all of this chaos, Rhys turned eight months old! I don't even know where to begin, he did so much growing up this past month. He is now officially mobile. Like, speed crawl blink-and-you-will-loose-him type of deal. Sometimes he gets going so fast that his legs get ahead of his hands and he goes down nose first. He is a good sport and doesn't usually let it get him down. He is pulling himself up on everything. He is crawling up the stairs. He is a bit cranky lately because he cut his first tooth a few days ago and the second one will be coming through soon.

When I say cranky, I mean that relatively. He is the sweetest most easygoing baby that has ever existed. He is still a breeze and keeps his mom and dad blissfully happy. A week before the move we tagged along on a business trip with Lewis over to Europe. He was the perfect travel baby. He flirted the most with the stewardesses on the flights and was so patient with all of the traveling. Everyone in Europe thought that he was a girl. Maybe it was the hair?

When he hears the bathwater going he goes crazy; yelling and stomping and jumping. Bath time is still his favorite!

He has started giving me big, wet, open mouth kisses lately. It sort of looks like he is trying to eat my face, but I think that they are kisses! Last night I was laying with him in bed. I had my eyes closed but I could hear him being really restless. All of the sudden one of his hands grabs my cheek and I feel his slobbery mouth and one tooth clamp down on my nose. He immediately fell asleep and stayed that way.

I am so happy right now! And so excited for our Austin adventures!

Aggie Ice Cream in October


American West Heritage Center


Baby's first corn maze

Taking the cousins to the pumpkin walk






Cute little scarecrow!



Early trick or treating at Aunt Jackie's house

First overseas plane ride. He took it like a champ! 








Lewis' grafiti in Siaulai (sp?)

Hill of crosses

























Halloween day; Had to visit a cemetary








Blizzard at Gedaminas Castle




Plane ride to Paris



Notre Dame


Rhys wanted in on the pastry action

Macaroons and a train to Amsterdam



Plane ride home

We must be sisters...

I voted 2016

Lunch with Aunt Cyd


First time on our roof deck! 

First stroller ride to Zilker park 
Appropriate brunch location :) 


Goodbye pink walls! 

When you have no furniture...



Mommy kisses :)


His favorite way to sleep


Sneaky kid! He looks so guilty.. 


Helping Grandma collect pecans

Add caption

New India

Bull Creek

Mattress shopping

Our first house!!!

Hanging with Grandma, Susan, and Kalen in Salt Lake-October



No comments:

Post a Comment