Monday, July 9, 2012

This was one crazy week. Wednesday was the 4th of July. Lewis and I made plans to drive down to Galveston to visit our friends Chris and Cameryn. It was a day full of swimming in the pool and the ocean, amazing BBQ, and fireworks on the beach!








It was a little hard to get up the next morning to go to work, but it was worth it!
When we were hanging out with Chris and Cameryn, we were very impressed by their camera. And probably a little jealous... Since we got married we have been to some amazing places and seen some amazing things. It's just hard to capture the true magnificence of a moment with the iphone camera or a  little point and shoot. The next day Lewis came home from work and said he wanted to buy a camera. By that night we were in the parking lot at Best Buy admiring our new toy.
Friday we cuddled up and watched He's Just Not that into You. I LOVE that movie! I swear all young girls should be required to watch this movie as part of their transition into adolescence and later adulthood, so they can see how NOT to act with boys.
Saturday we finally got around to hanging some pictures in our apartment. I have some major committal issues when it comes to pounding holes in my wall. What if tomorrow I decide I hate that picture there? What if by the time I am done with it our wall looks like swiss cheese, AND I still cant decide exactly where I want the pictures to go? Lewis was awesome and helped me work through my little quirk. Now I finally feel like our little apartment a home!
Later that day Chris and Cameryn came up to hang with us in Houston. We went to the zoo (with our nice, touristy cameras around our necks) and had a great time trying to see as many animals as possible before the huge storm hit! We beat it, just barely as the first raindrops hit our car as we pulled out of the parking lot.

We had dinner at my favorite restaurant, Maggianos, and after that we got the movie 21 Jump Street from Redbox and watched it in our apartment.
Sunday we drove over to Hermann Park after church to take some pictures since our power was out because of the storm that morning. Neither of us are professional photographers (although on a scale Lewis would be much higher than me!) but we managed to get some pictures that I am really proud of! A little more practice and we are going to be able to get the settings mostly right when we go on vacation in August!





No comments:

Post a Comment