Sunday, April 20, 2014

Bang Head Here

I've been following this Anti-Stress regimen for the last few weeks. It's been working miracles

 It's been another crazy week. Until the semester is over I don't think we will be able to even breath! We spent most of the weekend working and doing homework, but got to take a break for a little while to fill up on some puppy love! There is this place called K-9 Angel Adoptions on West Alabama and Shepherd that has tons of dogs for foster care and adoption. Our last interaction there wasn't great. I was so taken in by the adorable little puppy faces that I threw a tantrum until Lewis agreed to let us foster for a week. They provide the food, the leash, the kennel, everything. So it should have been a really easy, low stress arrangement. It didn't end up being that way. The puppy, Gabby, who was so quiet and sweet at the shelter became a needy crybaby as soon as we got home. She cried all night (we didn't sleep) and in the morning would cry if she lost sight of us for a second. Now, I know this is common when caring for animals, but technically we are not supposed to have animals in our apartment and could have gotten in a lot of trouble. I had to miss work to stay with her and in my sleep deprived state started seriously questioning ever having children. We ended up calling our contact at the shelter who had fostered Gabby before and she was able to take Gabby for the rest of the week.
After that we took a break from the shelter for a while. This weekend though, we just needed some furry cuddles! Look how adorable these guys were! I was half tempted to want to bring one home with me, but I'm not that quick to forget!



It's been a beautiful, sunny weekend and I am so excited for the semester to be over so that we can relax and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment